Thursday 19 October 2017

My Top Ten 'Life Sucks!' Songs (Volume 1, surely...)

Shut up, Axl. You have no idea what you're talking about.


Life... don't talk to me about life...

When you've had a week like I've had, sometimes you just want to wallow...


10. Hall & Oates - Who Said The World Was Fair? 

Not just Hall & Oates, but H&O go disco. If I'm gonna wallow, I'm really gonna wallow...
I think it must be a test to weed the best from the rest
But whatever they are doing is driving us
Out of our minds
Driving us out of our minds
9. The Pernice Brothers - My So-Called Celibate Life
In each life a quiet hell. Half a million scripts you can never sell.
Wow. That one kicked me in the gut. Thanks, Joe!

8. Teenage Fanclub - My Uptight Life
The waking world is full of cynics' sighs
Cynicism's a box I don't want to be in
I'll stay in bed until I stabilize 
Staying in bed. The dream...

7. Queen - It's A Hard Life

I try and mend the broken pieces
Oh, I try to fight back the tears
Oh, they say it's just a state of mind
But it happens to everyone


And nobody appreciates you, do they, Freddie?

6. Manic Street Preachers - Life Becoming a Landslide
I don't wanna be a man
I know. It's hard work, isn't it, James?

5. Morrissey - Life Is A Pigsty

 Well, of course it is, Moz. That goes without saying.
Can you please stop time?
Can you stop the pain?
I feel too cold
And now I feel too warm again
Can you stop this pain?
4. Warren Zevon - My Shit's Fucked Up

Because sometimes all you can do is say bad words to make you feel better...
That amazing grace
Sort of passed you by
You wake up every day
And you start to cry
Yeah, you want to die
But you just can't quit
Let me break it on down:
It's the fucked up shit
3. Laura Cantrell - Pile of Woe

Take it away, Laura... PLEASE take it away.
Come on baby stop your cryin'
You know you shouldn't bother so
Didn't your momma ever tell you
This world's a pile of woe

What's been born is busy dyin'
Our fortunes with the four winds blow
Don't dread the night, don't fear the morrow
Don't let this bed of sorrow grow
2. Meat Loaf - Life Is A Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)

Jim Steinman knows what he's talking about...
It's always something
There's always something going wrong
That's the only guarantee
That's what this is all about

It's a never ending attack
Everything's a lie and that's a fact
Life is a lemon
And I want my money back
1. Black Box Recorder - Child Psychology

You can always rely on Luke Haines to put things in perspective...
Life is unfair:
Kill yourself, or get over it.


Still, tomorrow's another day, eh?


4 comments:

  1. This one could run and run. 'Everything Sucks' by The Descendents, played at neighbour bothering volume, is my personal go to tune at the end of a particularly bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had a shitty week. Sometimes it's good to wallow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They happen don't they, shitty weeks, but hopefully next week will be better. Ok to wallow for a short while though and a lot of songwriters certainly seem to agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read all this mate. Great song at #1. Hope things picked up quickly....I'll soon find out as I contine to make my way through the back catalogue

    JC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...