Happy Easter - have an egg or ten on me.
Special mention to The Eggs, The Lovely Eggs and... Paul McCartney's Scrambled Eggs.
10. Adam & The Ants - Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face)
That's what the voices from outer space tell me...
9. Beastie Boys - Egg Raid On Mojo
Before they discovered / invented / purloined rap, it seems the Beasties were punks at heart.
See also Egg Man, which sounds more like the Beasties you'd expect.
8. The Flaming Lips - They Punctured My Yolk
A love story about two trainee astronauts torn apart when only one of them gets to go into space.
7. The Seahorses - Happiness Is Egg-Shaped
From a great lost Britpop album that you could probably pick up for tuppence on Amazon if you went looking.
6. Tarnation - Little Black Egg
A lot more jangly than I remember.
Then I discovered... it's actually a cover of an old 60s hit by a Florida garage band called The Nightcrawlers.
Not bad... but I still prefer the Tarnation version.
5. The Human League - Being Boiled
One of the earliest entirely electronic records... get boiled alive by those synths. No idea what the lyrics are about though.
4. Fight Like Apes - Poached Eggs
If I'm understanding the metaphors correctly, this song is filthy...
3. Tom Waits - Eggs And Sausage (In A Cadillac With Susan Michelson)
Already featured in my Top Ten Breakfast Songs, but far too good to leave out of this list.
2. Giant Sand - Temptation of Egg
The shape of a woman... temptation of eggIf you've never heard this before, please give it a spin. It's both exceedingly cool and slightly scary.
I wake up with something in my eye.1. Mansun - Egg Shaped Fred
I pull out one of your lashes
I like the way you stuck in my eye.
I like the way my eye stashes.
Mansun go all 'Coo-Coo-Cachoo' on us, inviting Egg Shaped Fred for tea.
Those were days...
Which one's your Easter Egg?